Unusable

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Hello,

This project looks amazing but unfortunately it's practically unusable for me and I was hoping you'd have some advice.

I created a brand new WPF project, installed Elysium.Extra via NuGet Package Manager. I make the change in the App.xaml and VS 2012 appears to lock up for about 1 minute, then I make the change to the MainWindow.xaml and the MainWindow.xaml.cs.

I push play and 5 minutes later I get a window. I see a complaint in the tools that it can't find the Generic.xaml resource listed in App.xaml. The window does show up eventually and looks correct. It exhibits this behavior on just clicking the exe outside of the build environment as well.

I have checked and the Framework and Framework.UI are referenced

Any chance you can point me to what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I suspect this is because of the XAML designer. The XAML designer runs in a seperate process and you can see it in task manager called XDesProc.exe. In my experience the designer quite often leaks memory and becomes unresponsive. I have seen this problem in VS2012 and VS2013. The fix is to simply end the XDesProc.exe task if this happens.

Saying this, it should not happen all the time. I would check what extensions you have installed, I have had problems with XAML extensions and with ReSharper in the past.
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM
I've had the same problems like binarygod had and now i have try mahapps.metro. Yours is a good framework but you really need to resolve xaml designer issue because currently it's impossible to work.

I'll watch this post for further improvements. Thank you.

Edit: I'm working on VS2013.